Effective January 2023
Aviso de privacidad del paciente
To read more about our privacy practices regarding health and medical information considered Protected Health Information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”), visit our Patient Privacy Notice page.
Política de privacidad
Personal Information That We Collect
When you access and use our websites and services, we may collect your “Personal Information,” which is anything that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, to you. Depending on where you are located within the United States, Personal Information may have a different definition. Personal Information generally includes things like your name, address, email address, phone number, and other contact information.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
• Identifiers: Your name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account log in and credentials, business title and job function, telephone number, email address, signature, or other similar identifiers.
• Personal Information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)): Your name, signature, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, credit card or debit card number, or any other financial information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
• Commercial information: Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
• Geolocation data: Physical location or movements.
• Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
• Professional or employment-related information.
• Inferences drawn from other Personal Information: Profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
• Sensitive Personal Information: Your account log-in and credentials, debit or credit card number, precise geolocation, contents of your correspondence, email, and text messages or otherwise provided to us.
see our Cookies and Tracking section.
How We Collect Personal Information
• We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly From You – For example, if you choose to contact us or request or purchase products, services, or information from us.
• We May Also Collect Personal Information From Third Parties – For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for a number of purposes such as:
• To respond to an email or particular request from you.
• To personalize the website for you, including managing and recording your preferences
• For Marketing, product development, and research purposes.
• To track resources and data accessed on the website.
• To develop reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics.
• To assist users experiencing website problems.
• To enable certain functions and tools on this website.
• To track paths of visitors to our websites and within our websites.
• To administer surveys and promotions.
• To provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about health products or services provided by us or other businesses.
• To perform analytics and to improve our products, websites, and advertising.
• To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
• To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare.
• To keep a record of your communications with us.
• As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law.
We may also use Personal Information to contact you through any contact information you provide through this website, including any email address, telephone number, cell phone number, text message number, or fax number. Please see the section below titled “Our Online Communications Practices”.
Cookies and Tracking
We use various technologies, which may include “cookie” technology, to gather information from our website visitors such as pages visited and how often they are visited, and to enable certain features on this website. “Cookies” are small text files that may be placed on your computer when you visit a website or click on a URL. Cookies may include “single-session cookies” which generally record information during only a single visit to a website and then are erased, and “persistent” cookies, which are generally stored on a computer unless or until they are deleted or are set to expire. In addition to cookies, we may use other similar technologies including pixels, tags and other tracking technologies.
You may disable cookies and similar items by adjusting your browser preferences at any time; however, this may limit your ability to take advantage of all the features on this website. You may also manage the use of “flash” technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Note that we do not currently respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information about online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services because, among other reasons, there is no common definition of such signals and no industry-accepted standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads or to obtain more information about ad networks and online behavioral advertising, visit National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad
networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads. Opting-out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of all ads, just those targeted to you. For more information about third party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link, you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising companies.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with other parties for various business purposes:
• Among our Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information internally among our business units, affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries.
• With Vendors: We may share your Personal Information with our vendors (including third party hosting providers) that provide services on our behalf, such as for online account access, email marketing, advertising, promotions, newsletters, and hosting for the services.
• With Business Partners and Parties to Whom We Provide Services or to Provide Services: We may share your Personal Information with our business partners and other third parties for whom we provide services or to provide you our services, to provide services to Health Plan Customers, and generally to improve our service offerings.
• In the Event of a Corporate Transaction: In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the party or parties of such transaction.
• For Legal Purposes: We will disclose your Personal Information when we think it is necessary to investigate or prevent actual or expected fraud, criminal activity, injury or damage to us or others or when otherwise required by law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, or if necessary to protect our rights.
• At Your Direction: We will share your Personal Information with third parties if and when you direct us to. For example, if you request that we share your Personal Information with one of our business partners to take advantage of a product or service that partner offers, we will share your Personal Information with that business partner.
Sale/Sharing of Personal Information and Targeted Advertising
Certain state laws regulate the “sale” of Personal Information, which may include not only the traditional selling of data, but also many sharing arrangements where the recipient can use the Personal Information that they receive for the recipient’s own commercial purposes. State laws may also regulate the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising (“sharing” under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 or “targeted advertising,” as such practice is more commonly referred to).
We make certain categories of Personal Information available to third parties in order to receive targeted advertising-related services, such as when we make browsing information available (e.g., through third-party tags on our digital properties) to carry out, measure, and improve our ad campaigns and reach users with more relevant ads and content and to third-party analytics providers to help us improve our websites and your user experience. These disclosures may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of Personal Information or “targeted advertising” under applicable state law. To opt-out of these activities, please see below.
The categories of Personal Information (described above) that we may use and disclose for these purposes are:
• Commercial information
• Internet or other similar network activity
• Professional or employment-related information
• Inferences drawn from other Personal Information
How to Opt-Out: To opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information or “targeted advertising” please contact OC-Privacy@optioncare.com. Please note, we do not knowingly “sell” or “share” the Personal Information of individuals under the age of 16.
Website and Personal Information Security
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this website. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our website, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected, as outlined in this Policy, or any longer retention period required by law.
Our Online Communication Practices
We may send electronic newsletters, notification of account status, and other communications, such as marketing communications, on a periodic basis to various individuals and organizations. We may also send email communications regarding topics such as general health benefits, website updates, health conditions, and general health topics. We offer you appropriate consent mechanisms, such as opt-out, for marketing and certain other communications, or you may email us at OC-Privacy@optioncare.com or using the information below under “Contact Us.” Please be aware that opt-outs may not apply to certain types of communications, depending on applicable law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing of your Personal Information, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
Personal Information for Children Under 16
We do not knowingly target our services or website to collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without receiving parental or legal guardian consent. If we are notified of having received Personal Information directly from a child under the age of 16 without his or her parent or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use this website and will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information. If you think that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 through this website, please contact us.
Depending on where you live within the United States, and depending on your relationship with us, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions:
|Right to Know/Access||You may have the right to confirm whether your Personal Information is being processed. You may have the right to request that we disclose to you what Personal Information of yours has been collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared, including, depending on your location:
|Right to Delete||You may have the right to request deletion of the Personal Information collected about you.|
|Right to Correct||You may have the right to request the correction of inaccurate Personal Information that is maintained about you.|
|Right to Opt-Out of Sale, Cross- Context Behavioral Advertising, Targeted Advertising||Certain laws may provide you the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information and the use or disclosure of your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising (i.e., “sharing” under the California Consumer Privacy Act) or targeted advertising. Please see above for details on how to opt-out of these activities or by clicking the “Do Not Share/Sell My Personal Information” link found at the footer of our website.|
|Automated Decision-Making||You may have the right to request information about the logic involved in certain types of automated decision-making practices and a description of the likely outcome of processes, and the right to opt out of such processes. We do not currently engage in any automated decision making practices|
|Sensitive Personal Information||We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information other than to provide our service as described above. However, if we used or disclosed Sensitive Personal Information for other purposes, you would have the right to limit certain uses of Sensitive Personal Information.|
|Right to Non-Discrimination||You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise any of the rights conferred to you by law.|
How to Exercise Your Rights: If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us at (844) 624-4584 or send an email to OC-Privacy@optioncare.com. An authorized representative may exercise these rights on your behalf so long as they present a power of attorney or other legally binding document evidencing the representative’s authority. Please note that we will require you or your authorized representative to provide us with certain personal identifiers in order to verify your/your representative’s identity when your rights are exercised.
When contacting us to exercise your rights, please adhere to the following guidelines:
• Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if it does not relate to you). If you are acting as an authorized agent on behalf of a Consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and indicate your authority to act on their behalf.
• Help Us Verify Your Identity: Contact us using the information below and provide us with enough information to verify your identity. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
• Direct Response Delivery: Inform us of the delivery mechanism with which you prefer to receive our response. You may specify, for example, email, mail, or through your account (if you have one with us, but this is not required).
Please contact us to appeal any decision made on your request.
Responses to Consumers’ Requests: Receipt of your request will be confirmed consistent with applicable law. You will generally receive a response to your request within forty-five (45) days. However, where reasonably necessary and where permitted by law, the response time may be extended by an additional forty-five (45) days, provided you are given notice of such extension first. If the information is provided to you electronically, it will be in a portable format and, to the extent technically feasible, in a machine readable, readily useable format that allows you to freely transmit this information without hindrance.
Please note that you will not be charged for making a request, provided that you make no more than two (2) requests per year. Where permitted by law, your request may be denied, for example, if your requests are determined to be unfounded or excessive (e.g., repetitive in nature), or a reasonable fee may be charged. In these circumstances, you will receive a notice regarding this denial and the reason for such denial.
Other California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have an existing business relationship with us may request information about the disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any. To make such a request, please use the information in the Contact Us section below. Please be aware that not all Personal Information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only Personal Information on covered sharing will be included in the response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Please contact us here regarding this Policy and our related privacy practices. If you believe we or any company associated with us has misused any of your Personal Information, please contact us immediately and report such misuse.
We may periodically update this Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of information about you. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will post a notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.