Pharmacy Manager - Sign-On Bonus Available
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:The Pharmacy Manager is a licensed professional who is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to Option Care patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Option Care, current pharmacy practice professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the coordination of patient services with the nursing, delivery and reimbursement departments. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the appropriate budgeting, purchasing, control and security of all drug products and medical supplies. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for assisting the Operations Director meet operational and financial goals for the location.
- Determines suitability of patients for home care. Supervises, monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of patient care provided by pharmacy staff. Manages daily activities with regards to effective operations and communications.
- Directs the activities of the pharmacy department. Schedules work activities of pharmacy staff so that the pharmaceutical-care needs of the patients are met.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes.
- Oversees product purchasing, inventory, budget and equipment management. Assists the General Manager in preparing, securing approval for, and implementing operating and expenditure budgets for department, and operates within those guidelines. Evaluates and oversees the purchase, management and security of all medications, pumps and medical supplies in accordance with the Option Care policies and formulary guidelines.
- Provides support to sales professionals and general manager by speaking knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available through Option Care. Description of available services is accurate. Meets with managed care organizations and other accounts to facilitate education regarding available services.
- May serve as the Office Administrator with the Director of Nursing or Nurse Manager in the absence of the General Manager. Collects and organizes all patient-specific information needed to prevent, detect, and resolve medication-related problems and to make appropriate medication therapy recommendations.
- Monitors the clinical staff’s documentation on pharmacy care plans for home care patients based on evaluation of monitoring data and other pertinent patient-specific information.
- Evaluates competency in the use of pharmacokinetic principles and formulas and competency.
- Ensures that medications are prepared and dispensed using appropriate techniques and following Option Care’ policies and procedures. Equipment is accurately calibrated. Medications are prepared so they are appropriately concentrated, without incompatibilities, stable, and appropriately stored.
- Coordinates and participates in on-call responsibilities of the pharmacy department. Ensures reliable pharmacy coverage for on-call activities. Provides reliable pharmacy services when scheduled to be on-call.
- Manages the use of investigational drug products according to established regulations and Option Care policies and procedures. In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Current, active Pharmacy license as granted by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in a clean room or infusion pharmacy setting OR 3 years of experience and one of the following: (a) knowledge of non-sterile compounding, and MTM (b) completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency Program, or (c) equivalent experience as approved by the VP of Pharmacy and/or SVP of Clinical Services.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets or completion of an ASHP accredited Residency Program or equivalent experience as approved by the National Director of Pharmacy and/or VP of Clinical Services
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience compounding sterile products and managing patient care.
- Experience overseeing purchasing and inventory process of all pharmaceutical and related substances and supplies.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Active membership in a related state or national clinical, pharmaceutical, or home health care organization
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of the time for business purposes. (Within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Post-graduate residency program in clinical pharmacy services.
- Board certification in Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Pharmacotherapy or other clinical pharmacy practice area.
- Experience managing inventory and logistics.
- At least 5 years of experience compounding sterile products and managing complex infusion patients.
- At least 3 years of experience overseeing purchasing and inventory process of all pharmaceutical and related substances and supplies.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security